* These classes are offered individually or as part of the 20 Hour Basic Course (20 Horas de Basico).
Trouble viewing the previews? You may need to download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
College Credit! Two credit hours: ECED 170: Child Care Basics (20 Hour Basic plus 2 Hour HIV) offered online with us. Register with Bellevue College. Apply Now! at the BC Website. This class is offered continuously. You may start at any time. Questions about enrollment? Email Chelsea Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org. 1. Apply online to the college to get a student ID number and PIN number. 2. Register online, go to “classes” then choose “Early Learning and Teacher Education” to find ECED& 100 and register. 3. Continuous enrollment is possible, so no late fees for signing up later in the quarter. Questions about the class? Call us at 1-800-346-4915.
Click on the Class Name for class information and preview.
Provides practical information and guidelines to help in the hiring of new employees. Discusses finding qualified applicants, pre-interview phone calls, applications and references, and the interview process.
Be able to:
1. List 3 places to find applicants
2. State four questions to ask during the pre-interview phone call.
3. Identify the five sections needed to create an application.
4. Describe four different formats to use when preparing interview questions.
5. Discuss three ways to decide which interview style is right for different types of interviews.
6. Describe three ways to set the proper stage for the interview. 7. Identify four ways to gain as much information in the interview as possible.
8. Name the three types of interviews.
9. List three types of references and discuss how a reference is used as a screening tool.