* These classes are offered individually or as part of the 20 Hour Basic Course (20 Horas de Basico).
Trouble viewing the previews? You may need to download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
College Credit! Two credit hours: ECED 170: Child Care Basics (20 Hour Basic plus 2 Hour HIV) offered online with us. Register with Bellevue College. Apply Now! at the BC Website. This class is offered continuously. You may start at any time. Questions about enrollment? Email Chelsea Morse at email@example.com. 1. Apply online to the college to get a student ID number and PIN number. 2. Register online, go to “classes” then choose “Early Learning and Teacher Education” to find ECED& 100 and register. 3. Continuous enrollment is possible, so no late fees for signing up later in the quarter. Questions about the class? Call us at 1-800-346-4915.
Click on the Class Name for class information and preview.
Discusses how children learn and how to harmonize the curriculum with the learning environment in order to maximize learning opprotunities and potential. Identifies 8 basic intelligences and suggests ways to utilize learning centers to promote each.
Be able to:
1. name the eight intelligences through which people learn
2. describe the three parts of the curriculum: content, process, and product
3. list typical learning centers
4. discuss ways to keep children engaged in learning centers
5. describe learning objectives for each learning center
6. analyze a learning center
7. discuss unique opportunites of the outdoor environment