* These classes are offered individually or as part of the 20 Hour Basic Course (20 Horas de Basico).
Trouble viewing the previews? You may need to download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
College Credit! Two credit hours: ECED 170: Child Care Basics (20 Hour Basic plus 2 Hour HIV) offered online with us. Register with Bellevue College. Apply Now! at the BC Website. This class is offered continuously. You may start at any time. Questions about enrollment? Email Chelsea Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org. 1. Apply online to the college to get a student ID number and PIN number. 2. Register online, go to “classes” then choose “Early Learning and Teacher Education” to find ECED& 100 and register. 3. Continuous enrollment is possible, so no late fees for signing up later in the quarter. Questions about the class? Call us at 1-800-346-4915.
Click on the Class Name for class information and preview.
Discusses the importance of self regulation skills for children and gives guidance to helping them develop such skills through modeling, environmental changes and guidance.
Be able to:
1. Describe why self-regulation skills are necessary
2. Recognize age-appropriate skills development
3. Identify the four categories of self-control skills
4. Describe the key contributors to emotional regulation that the caregiver can provide
5. List the 5 keys to a supportive environment
6. Apply the steps to help a child regain emotional control
7. Exercise positive personal coping choices