* These classes are offered individually or as part of the 20 Hour Basic Course (20 Horas de Basico).
Trouble viewing the previews? You may need to download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
College Credit! Two credit hours: ECED 170: Child Care Basics (20 Hour Basic plus 2 Hour HIV) offered online with us. Register with Bellevue College. Apply Now! at the BC Website. This class is offered continuously. You may start at any time. Questions about enrollment? Email Chelsea Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org. 1. Apply online to the college to get a student ID number and PIN number. 2. Register online, go to “classes” then choose “Early Learning and Teacher Education” to find ECED& 100 and register. 3. Continuous enrollment is possible, so no late fees for signing up later in the quarter. Questions about the class? Call us at 1-800-346-4915.
Click on the Class Name for class information and preview.
Discusses safety issues such as maintaining a safe environment, handling emergencies, teacher preparedness and teaching children to keep themselves safe.
Be able to:
1. Identify the 3 keys to providing a safe environment
2. Assess toys and equipment for safe use and storage
3. Create a few good age-appropriate safety rules
4. Manage emergencies professionally
5. List the items you should have on a field trip
6. Discuss how to teach children self-safety