* These classes are offered individually or as part of the 20 Hour Basic Course (20 Horas de Basico).
Trouble viewing the previews? You may need to download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
College Credit! Two credit hours: ECED 170: Child Care Basics (20 Hour Basic plus 2 Hour HIV) offered online with us. Register with Bellevue College. Apply Now! at the BC Website. This class is offered continuously. You may start at any time. Questions about enrollment? Email Chelsea Morse at email@example.com. 1. Apply online to the college to get a student ID number and PIN number. 2. Register online, go to “classes” then choose “Early Learning and Teacher Education” to find ECED& 100 and register. 3. Continuous enrollment is possible, so no late fees for signing up later in the quarter. Questions about the class? Call us at 1-800-346-4915.
Click on the Class Name for class information and preview.
Discusses how to ease the introduction of a child to child care by introducing them to the physical environment, the daily schedule and providing structure and guidance.
Be able to:
1. Describe the 3 areas of physical orientation
2. List 3 ways to assist a child adapting to the daily rhythm of the child care facility
3. Identify the 3 forms of emotionality that help you identify with a child
4. List 3 benefits for the child of setting limits
5. Discuss 6 things to remember to help avoid problems