* These classes are offered individually or as part of the 20 Hour Basic Course (20 Horas de Basico).
Trouble viewing the previews? You may need to download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
College Credit! Two credit hours: ECED 170: Child Care Basics (20 Hour Basic plus 2 Hour HIV) offered online with us. Register with Bellevue College. Apply Now! at the BC Website. This class is offered continuously. You may start at any time. Questions about enrollment? Email Chelsea Morse at firstname.lastname@example.org. 1. Apply online to the college to get a student ID number and PIN number. 2. Register online, go to “classes” then choose “Early Learning and Teacher Education” to find ECED& 100 and register. 3. Continuous enrollment is possible, so no late fees for signing up later in the quarter. Questions about the class? Call us at 1-800-346-4915.
Click on the Class Name for class information and preview.
Designed to provide understanding concerning what bloodborne pathogens are and how to reduce risk of exposure both to oneself and others. OSHA and CDC guidelines are recommended.
Be able to:
1. Define bloodborne pathogens and name the three most common ones.
2. Identify the types of jobs covered by OSHA's Bloodborne Pathogens Standard.
3. List the three most common non-blood fluids that may transmit bloodborne pathogens.
4. Identify the five most common modes of transmission of bloodborne pathogens.
5. Name the three primary areas covered by standard precautions and be able to give specific examples of each.
6. List the three primary steps in handling an exposure incident.
7. Identify the three medical requirements with an exposure.
8. Evaluate your company's Exposure Control Plan.